Information We Collect
We collect both personal information you provide to PLL and technical information we gather automatically through the use of our site.
When you subscribe to a PLL mailing list, register for or attend an event we are hosting, or submit an inquiry through our website, we may collect personal information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual. This personal information may include your:
- email address
- mailing address
- telephone number
- social media handle
- State Bar membership number
In addition to personal information, we may collect technical information when you visit our website. This technical information does not reveal your specific identity and may include:
- usage details
- internet service provider
- IP address
- browser information
How We Use the Information We Collect
PLL may use the information we collect to:
- respond to your inquiries;
- send you newsletters, client alerts or other publications you have requested or we believe may be of interest to you;
- invite you to events we are hosting that we believe may be of interest to you;
- confirm your registration for events we are hosting;
- send you service information or administrative announcements related to our website or PLL;
- administer, manage or improve our website, blogs or other applications;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- protect our rights or the rights of others;
- comply with legal obligations or respond to lawful inquiries from governmental authorities; or
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect information or upon your consent.
With Whom We Share Information
We may share the personal or technical information you provide to us:
- with third party vendors, contractors or other service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf;
- as we believe appropriate to enforce the terms of this policy, or as necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of PLL, our clients, or the public as required or permitted by law;
- with third parties as part of a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or other corporate transaction; or
- as required to comply with laws, regulations, subpoenas, legal process, or requests from public or government authorities.
Other than as set forth above, PLL does not share, sell or otherwise disclose personal or technical information to third parties. PLL requires third party service providers to comply with strict data privacy and security requirements, and we prohibit these third parties from using the information they receive from us for any other purpose. PLL does not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes
You have the right:
- to confirm whether PLL is using or storing your personal information and to obtain a copy of any information that we have;
- if you discover that the information we have about you is incorrect or inaccurate, to request that we correct or update it;
- to restrict or limit how we use our information, for example by requesting that we no longer use your information for marketing purposes or for specific types of marketing messages; and
- if you withdraw your consent or otherwise object to our use of your information, you have the right to request that we delete your information.
Residents of California are permitted under California Civil Code §1798.83 to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As noted above, PLL does not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Residents of California also have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (California Civil Code §1798.100 et seq.) (“CCPA”). These rights are in addition to other rights you may have.
We use reasonable technical, organizational and administrative measures to protect the security of the personal information we collect. Industry-standard encryption is employed to protect data we have collected. No data storage or method of data transmission, however, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us over the Internet.
Third Party Sites
PLL is not responsible for the privacy, information or data security policies or practices of third parties, including third parties operating any site linked from our website. The inclusion of a link on our website does not imply any endorsement of the linked site by PLL.
Location of Data Processing and Storage
PLL is a United States law firm with headquarters in California. If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that we will process any information you provide to us in the United States.
PLL retains your information for the period necessary to achieve the purposes described in this Policy, unless you tell us you no longer wish to receive communications from us or a longer period is required by law.
Our website, blogs, mobile sites and applications are intended for a general audience and not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect information online from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personal information to us.
PathLight Law LLP
344 Thomas L Berkley Way
Oakland, CA 94612
This website may be used for informational purposes only. The information contained in this website is not legal advice. No one should rely on the information in this site in choosing a course of action. Merely publishing information on this website does not create a confidential or attorney-client relationship. No attorney-client relationship is formed with PLL until you sign a legal service agreement with us.
We hope that the information contained in this website is useful as general information or background material. Although the contents of the website are updated regularly, we cannot offer a warranty that the information is current, accurate, or applicable to any given situation. ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED.
PLL does not hold itself out as qualified to practice law in any state, territory, or country other than those in which its attorneys are actually qualified. PLL does not wish to represent anyone desiring representation based on viewing this website in a state, territory, or country in which this website does not comply with the applicable laws and ethical rules of that state.
This website contains links to third-party websites. These third-party websites are not under our control, and we are in no way responsible for the contents of any linked websites or any links contained in such websites. Links to third-party websites are provided for convenience only and do not imply endorsement of the linked website by PLL.